cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello-can someone give me some assistance in re-naming/organising my (downloaded) photos?

lmax
Apprentice

hello. I have a Powershot A470 that's a breeze to use. Canon did a wonderful job with this little gem- I love this camera and have no complaints about IT.

Using the some functions of the auxiliary software (Zoombrowser EX), however, is an entirely different story:

After downloading the (348!)  images from one of my memory cards onto my pc I went looking for a certain photo (Using  Zoombrowser EX) -well, ALL those pics showed up together (in apparently random order) in the "main window ". ..they're also  listed in the left-side  box   as "Recently downloaded"  where they ARE sorted by "shooting date-"for what good that does.   so I attempted to separate  and organise them. Nuts.  Couldn't figure out how so went to  Canon website for help, found -the relevant "Software Guide" -- a help it was NOT.

all I want to do is sort this mass of photos into a few different 'folders' (or whatever)  with a written caption/ shooting date  in addition to ( or instead of) the image numbers which were the sole identifiers. I figured out how to make the shooting date visible but that's all.  text  doesn't SEEM like it'd be hard to add but my attempt was an absolute FAIL

Can  anyone give me some simple instructions on separating some of my photos into different, new files with names and maybe  keywords? Or maybe point  me  in the right direction for guidance?

My gratitude in advance for any help you can give!! 

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

If you're using a PC do a search for a Google program called Picasa. I've used it for years & it sounds right for you. For whatever reason when I post the link to the download site here it just goes to never never land.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

thanks for replying-I appreciate  it . I'll look into the Picasa. can't hurt.     Honestly, tho, I was hoping not to have to add/use more 3rd party type software.....(while under the assumption that ZB EX 's lack of functionality was due to a brain fade on my end....)

does anyone else have further input?

thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving

Mykolas
Authority

Imax,

In the left margin of ZoomBrowser EX, there is a [View and Classify] button.  If you click on this button, you can select a group of images, then click on [Rename Multiple Files] to change the naming scheme for each image to something that works better for you.  Once you do that, you can use the [Classify into Folder] option to move groups of images into a new folder structure.

If you like to search images by keyword, you can take that same group of images, click on the [Tools] dropdown menu, then click on [View/Modify Keywords] to add your own keywords to the images or use some of the keywords that are pre-loaded.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements