cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eos webcam utility not installing properly?

doinkmaster
Apprentice

henlo i was trying to download the webcam utility thing and like after pressing finish nothing happens like the camera is detected but it just shows up as a black screen with "eos webcam utility" all the videos i've watched say to close the eos ebcam utility 3 but i dont have that? i also checked task manager and it isnt there so i'm not sure why it isnt getting any picture

i have a 750D/t6i

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Yes, EOS Utility 3 should be closed if you have it installed, I would also make sure the camera is powered on and set to movie mode before plugging the USB cable into the computer. What program are you using it with?

@Mark35mmF2 wrote:

Hi there,

Yes, EOS Utility 3 should be closed if you have it installed, I would also make sure the camera is powered on and set to movie mode before plugging the USB cable into the computer. What program are you using it with?

I do not recommend turning on the camera until the USB is connected.  Also, the EOS Utility Launcher Service, needs to be shutdown, too.  If the EOSU Launcher is not shutdown, then the Webcam Utility seems blocked from accessing the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements