cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eos utility problem

basjud18
Apprentice

Hello to all,

I just recently bought a Canon 5D mark iii. I downloaded EOS Digital Solution Disk ver.28.5 . When I click on the Icon it says EOS utility has stopped working.  My laptop is a Windows 8.1. I did update the firmware on my camera to version 1.3.3. 

I have unistalled the eos utility and installed it agian a few times but it still says eos utility has stoped. But there was a moment when something poped up and said connect eos camera to computer and I did that. Except nothing happend and I just let it sit there for a half an hour and it still said connect eos camera to computer. I need help 😞

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello basjud18, 

You may need to download an updated version of EOS Utility in order to keep everything current.  The latest version which can be installed on Windows 8.1 is 3.4.3 for Windows.  You can download that from our Download Library here and it should correct this issue you are having.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tim wrote:

Hello basjud18, 

You may need to download an updated version of EOS Utility in order to keep everything current.  The latest version which can be installed on Windows 8.1 is 3.4.3 for Windows.  You can download that from our Download Library here and it should correct this issue you are having.  

I blieve it's 3.4.30, not 3.4.3. I installed 3.4.30 on a Windows 10 machine earlier today and on a Windoes 8.1 machine about an hour ago.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements