cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eos utility not working on catalina os

lenablonsky
Apprentice

Hi there

I just downloaded the latest version of eos utility for my mac o/s but when I try pairing camera and computer the following messages comes up "AlertTitle  FireWallAlertMsg"

Am totally lost on this and have searched for answers to no avail.

Your feedback MOST appreciated!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It sounds like GateKeeper or the Firewall is blocking the EOS Utility from running.

Try allowing the application and see if this resolves the message.  

If you are running 3rd party AV, You may need to create an exception (if applicable).

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It sounds like GateKeeper or the Firewall is blocking the EOS Utility from running.

Try allowing the application and see if this resolves the message.  

If you are running 3rd party AV, You may need to create an exception (if applicable).

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

lenablonsky
Apprentice
Thanks! I unlocked the firewall once to allow and it works fine now.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend
Perfect! Thanks for your feedback.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

davidresau
Apprentice

Hello, I am running into a similar issue but the firewall was removed. I'm still getting the EOS Utility screen on Zoom, Hangouts, etc. and not seeing my video feed. 

• Downloaded the drivers and EOS Webcam Utility Software
  • Restarted the computer multiple times
  • Tried OBS
  • Tested CamTwitch
  • Downloaded CameraLive and it didn't work either
  • Used Activity to force quit the EOS Utility 

My goal is to simply use my Canon EOS Rebel T6i as a Webcam and the cable I am using is the USB to micro USB cable, not the HDMI one. I also have MacOS Catalina. 

Can anyone help guide me through this? 

Thank you!

Announcements