cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete button missing in Camera Window

mms
Contributor

Hello

I recently upgraded to Windows7 Image browserEX and related Camera Window.  I can see all camera images in the Organize Images module.  How do I delete images in the Camera window if no delete button appears after selecting images?

Camera window Organize Images highlights selected image(s) but doesn't have any buttons besides Upload. 
My keyboard delete button does nothing.

Image BrowserEX only shows uploaded images, not those on the camera.  I need to selectively delete images from the camera card.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Tiffany

Hi MMS!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model camera you are using.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Powrshot sd800 is.  My old XP camera window software worked fine.  Windows 7 ImageBrowserEX-related Camera Window lacks almost everything except upload-import functions.

mms,

Deleting images from Camera Window is not possible in the newer versions.  Images must be deleted from the camera, or if you would like to delete all of the images you may format the memory card in the camera so it is fresh and ready to go for new images.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Is there a way to get the old version that *DID* work?  Absurd that the Camera Window software help specifically describes and illustrates a Delete button for deleting images from the camera using the computer. There's plenty of room on the toolbar for one.  The XP Camera Window software  worked far better for selectively deleting images from several hundred on the camera. Wholesale deletion/card reformat throws the baby out with the bathwater.

@inactive010823 wrote:

mms,

Deleting images from Camera Window is not possible in the newer versions.  Images must be deleted from the camera, or if you would like to delete all of the images you may format the memory card in the camera so it is fresh and ready to go for new images.

I think - I hope - that I am misunderstanding this. Does this really mean that there is no a setting for deleting images from a camera after downloading? And that each image must be deleted one-by-one using the camera? (I am using EU 2.14.20.2 with a T4i)

The old XP software allowed image selection in Camera Window. Fantastic for weeding duplicates, failed shots or older images no longer needed. I was extremely disappointed to see this capability gone in the Windows 7 version. Deleting shots directly in the camera is nowhere near as easy to do, or navigate through tiny thumbnails. Fortunately I still have an XP machine to use with the camera. I hate the Windows 7 software. Too many functions stripped out.

Does the XP version load an run under Windows 7?  Depending upon how they are written, some applications for XP will, and some will not.  Howeer, applications that interact directly with some sort of hardware [your camera] will tend to have specific versions for specific operating systems.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Not sure now, but I think I had some compatibility issues on the W7 laptop and had to download the newer software. W7 is different enough that not all older software versions work with it. You can always try, though. Especially if you can find software just old enough to still have the features you need but recent enough to fool W7 into playing nice with it. Good luck!

@witkowski wrote:

@inactive010823 wrote:

mms,

I think - I hope - that I am misunderstanding this. Does this really mean that there is no a setting for deleting images from a camera after downloading? And that each image must be deleted one-by-one using the camera? (I am using EU 2.14.20.2 with a T4i)

For God's sake, just get a card reader. They're cheap and easy to use; they use the same USB cable as the camera does; and they don't run down your camera battery. A card reader looks like any folder on the computer, and you can change and delete images to your heart's content. If there were ever a no-brainer in photography, that's it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements