cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

before and after

feivel
Contributor
this is very important to me and i can't figure out how to do it. in the view with two images when editing, the left one is the original state.
lets say i did a wb and an exposure adjustment. now i want to sharpen. i need to see a before and after of just the sharpening effect. with the before and after images having the same wb and exposure.
or can i click somewhere to toggle before and after.
i know i can press the undo arrow but then i have to enter all the sharpening settings again.
im betting there is a way to do this.
thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you select the "Save" option you save all the edits you have made to your RAw file inside the file, so that the next time you open the file you are where you left it.

If you select "Save As' then you get to save the RAW file with a new name - you could append WB to the file name and save just the WB adjustment.

You can use the Pin/Compare window (the one with 1/2 in it at bottom of display)

Load in the RAW you saved with an edit as well as the original RAW (you will have to undo the edits to the original RAW).

Then you can edit the original with a new tool. Repeat. as often as you need.

2017-08-23 (4).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@feivel wrote:
yah. i figured that out at some point. and they gave that limited save dialog its own dedicated button and in such a prominent location

That more prominent "Save" button is essentially a synonym for the menu item "Convert & Save". Go figure.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements