cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after installing eos digital solutions disk ver 24.1,get error message (see Below)

maxebaldwin
Apprentice

I am installing in win7 /64 and can't run any of the programs on the eos digital solutions disk ver 24.1.  I have tried different resolutions on my monitor including 1024x768 but end up with the same message.,I get an error message as follows:  " this software doesn support screen res. lower than 1024x768" but my res is set higher!!  

could someone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try the latest disk and see if that helps:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_1d...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try the latest disk and see if that helps:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_1d...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... could someone please help?"

Possibly! Smiley Frustrated

You do need the latest version.  But if you have a failed install, you must COMPLETELY remove the old install.  If you can not do this yourself there are programs that will.  The problem is sometimes Windoze does not completely remove old drivers and the new install sees that driver and doesn't overwrite it.

At the very least you can try the WIndows Uninstall first before you reinstall the newer version.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@maxebaldwin wrote:

I am installing in win7 /64 and can't run any of the programs on the eos digital solutions disk ver 24.1.  I have tried different resolutions on my monitor including 1024x768 but end up with the same message.,I get an error message as follows:  " this software doesn support screen res. lower than 1024x768" but my res is set higher!!  

could someone please help?

Solution disk 24.1 is pretty old; you should install the latest updaters from the Canon site before trying again.

That said, the problem may not be in the Canon software at all, but in the driver for your monitor. If the driver is sufficiently primitive, the Canon software may not be able to tell what resolution your monitor is capable of. Try to find and install the manufacturer's latest driver.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

If the latest disc software doesn't resolve problem there are some Google searches relating to hiding resolutions not supported.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Updating the software did the trick....thanks to everyone for the

help!!!

Regards,Max

Announcements