cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoomBrowser

wmjsphoto
Contributor

I'm having a problem using the old ZoomBrowser with my new EOS-1DX camera.  When i edit pictures and then try and save them, I get an warning message that "Some shooting data may be lost from saved image".  it doesn't happen in the new program ImageBrowser but that program doesn't do what I need in order to process the pictures.  Does anyone have any suggestions in order to fix this problem?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@wmjsphoto wrote:

I'm having a problem using the old ZoomBrowser with my new EOS-1DX camera.  When i edit pictures and then try and save them, I get an warning message that "Some shooting data may be lost from saved image".  it doesn't happen in the new program ImageBrowser but that program doesn't do what I need in order to process the pictures.  Does anyone have any suggestions in order to fix this problem?  Thanks.

ZoomBrowser has not been kept up-to-date with the latest cameras and operating systems. I don't believe there's anything you can do about it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@wmjsphoto wrote:

ZoomBrowser has not been kept up-to-date with the latest cameras and operating systems. I don't believe there's anything you can do about it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

"it doesn't happen in the new program ImageBrowser but that program doesn't do what I need in order to process the pictures."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What functionality do you need from ZoomBrowser that is not included in ImageBrowser?  What image format are you using for your image files? 

You say that you are using an EOS 1Dx camera.  Have you considered using more advanced third party software?  Only the most basic, and least sophisticated software packages lack the ability to perform "non-destructive" edits.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks,  I would sat that with a sizeable number of files and with mimimal editing, Zoombrowser works best as a timesaver for me.

@wmjsphoto wrote:

Thanks,  I would sat that with a sizeable number of files and with mimimal editing, Zoombrowser works best as a timesaver for me.

I'm not sure what you're saying there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm having a problem using the old ZoomBrowser with my new EOS-1DX camera.  When i edit pictures and then try and save them, I get an warning message that "Some shooting data may be lost from saved image". "

How are you editing the pictures?  It is my understanding that neither ZoomBrowser or ImageBrowser allow you to edit photos.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

wmjsphoto
Contributor

Thanks, Bob.  We had suspected that this was the problem.

Announcements