cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Client - Web Utility

mherzogny
Contributor

I'm interested in using the web utility for my macbook pro and T6i, for Zoom meetings.  I'm able to get the new utility to work for the web-browser version of Zoom, but not for the client version of Zoom.  Does anyone have recommendations?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@mherzogny wrote:

I'm interested in using the web utility for my macbook pro and T6i, for Zoom meetings.  I'm able to get the new utility to work for the web-browser version of Zoom, but not for the client version of Zoom.  Does anyone have recommendations?  Thanks!

I believe the current instructions for the Beta version say only use the web-browser version of Zoom, Skype, and a couple other apps.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

That's what I read as well, but in looking at some of the other posts, it seemed like people maybe found a workaround. Thanks!

I have no idea what the "zoom web version" even is. I can't seem to find anything that is zoom for the non-desktop app version. 

Plus, I have friends that are running the desktop Zoom app with their cameras plugged in straight out of the box without any crazy coding at all. 

What gives??

You can run zoom (browser) from zoom.us.  The system will generally try to make you launch your app, but if you tell it no a couple of times, you'll get an option for running zoom using the browser.  You can even host meetings this way.  However, the canon beta camera won't be visible from the app, only from the web version.

Your friends who are running cameras right out of the box as webcams...canon cameras?  I know Sony has a few models at least that work.  I have not heard of any canon models that can do this.  

@mherzogny wrote:

You can run zoom (browser) from zoom.us.  The system will generally try to make you launch your app, but if you tell it no a couple of times, you'll get an option for running zoom using the browser.  You can even host meetings this way.  However, the canon beta camera won't be visible from the app, only from the web version.

Your friends who are running cameras right out of the box as webcams...canon cameras?  I know Sony has a few models at least that work.  I have not heard of any canon models that can do this.  

Two months later ....   Zoom has released an updated app that works with the Webcam Utility Beta.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

HenrySeiden
Apprentice

I got it to work with Zoom on my MBP, just barely. However the logging in is problematic. Takes a real long time for the live camera EOS image to appear. To even get there, you have to switch back and forth between sources in the Zoom meeting selection on the web browser (recommended Google Chrome) to get it to show up (waiting for a good long while in between). Any workarounds??

That's just getting started,,, If someone could help with that it would be much appreciated. 

Also this site is messed up... Problem starting a new topic, looks like I'm not alone in tht one either. 

Thanks for doing this, but I'm gonna need to look elsewhere until you guys at Canon can get it together further, at least for Zoom meetings.

Best Regards and good luck. Let me know if you have something going worth testing further,

Announcements