cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download DPP 3 for a Rebel XT?

desertrosephoto
Apprentice

I recently had my old Rebel XT 350D converted to color IR photography.  The conversion company recommends the native RAW software over Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom for working with and setting proper white balance.

I tried DPP 4.x, but only thumbnails are shown with ? icons over each photo.  No RAW information presents itself in DPP 4.x.  I cannot edit my files!

I do know from having worked with the RAW files from my new IR camera in Photoshop that the files are just fine.  The issue is with DPP 4.x.  I read in some places that it was a file compatibility issue, and DPP 4.x only read files from certain camera models, but not older ones.  And it recommended using DPP 3.1x.  Problem is, I have not had th original CD's in quite some time, and DPP 3.x on the Canon website is only an updater.  Not a full standalone program.  

Anyone know where I can download a full standalone version of DPP 3.x?  If I have to download an older version and then use the 3.15 updater to bring that version up to date, that's OK.  I'd just like to be able to use DPP to work with my new camera files because Photoshop ain't cutting it for proper white balance for the right IR effect.

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-rebel-t5i-ef-s-18...

Go to the site above and download the EOS Soultion Disk.

Capture.JPG

If you go to the download site for XT you will only see updater downloads - the updaters require the software to already be installed.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you!  Downloading it now and hoping it works!  (I have windows 10x64, and it wouldnt' let me see the solutions disc option until I selected windows 7.  LOL)

It worked!  I was able to white balance an old JPEG I hadn't deleted from my new camera and then do a proper channel swap in Photoshop.  THIS is what I've wanted it to look like!  🙂

IMG_8767_OOC.jpg

Thank you!

What more can I say?

You've completed the circle I was in with regard to acquiring DPPv.3 - 'they'  kept sending me round & round and offering 'updates' , etc. I've got v.4.9.2 and am assuming that it's going to be very good,when I can use it properly!

In the meantime,after I've become 'au fait' with version 3.15 I shall promote myself to higher things.

Thanks again

Regards

Grandpappy

Regret unable to download version 3 of DPP-all you get is 'updates' or offers of v.4....etc.!

Most annoying,having just spent thousands with Canon and they won't give me a bit of old software;shame on you!

Well, you're just wrong.

If you go to the support menu for the OS W7x64 you can download the digital image of the CD that came with a product that was supported by DPP3. Install that software and then update to latest version of DPP3 (3.15).

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

But, if you "just spent thousands with Canon" why would you want old version of DPP3 when DPP4 supports all cameras and DPP3 won't support new ones.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements