cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find my downloaded pics?

fireweeds
Contributor

I downloaded the pics off my camera to my computer and see the images in the Camera app only. I now want to move or copy them to my own pics folder but am unable to do that.

Somewhere it says that the pics are at C:/users/.../pictures but they are not there.

Thanks for any tips!

26 REPLIES 26

Thanks, Robert!

That explained the card reader well! I will look into that!

Let me see if that works!

fireweeds

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@fatcat wrote:

Fireweeds,

If you are using a card reader, your computer will go to the file, and ask if you want to save it,  click.YES.or OPEN..It will go to the file you tell it to.   If I can do it I know you can.  The card readers are inexpensive, around $10

It's a gadget that plugs into the side of  your computer, and you put the card from your camera in the other end.  Its really effecient, and doesn[t waste your camera battery by plugging straight from the camera to the computer.

If you're using standard Microsoft (not Canon) software - i.e., what's built into the Windoes OS itself - to read your pictures from the card reader, I might expect them to show up, by default, in your "My Pictures" folder.

if you're using the cannon software, it still goes to the smae place, and in eOS you can retireve them from files. OR, yo can do it the other way around too, DL in EOS, and transfer to files. Mine does it automatically, I never could do the drag & drop, but it sounds great, I will try that too. Thanks y'all, L.

diverhank
Authority

@fireweeds wrote:

I downloaded the pics off my camera to my computer and see the images in the Camera app only. I now want to move or copy them to my own pics folder but am unable to do that.

Somewhere it says that the pics are at C:/users/.../pictures but they are not there.

Thanks for any tips!

the default Windows 10 place for downloaded files is C:\Users\User_name\Downloads so look for a folder called Downloads - not under Documents.

You can use the search box near the bottom task bar or ask Cortana to search for a *.jpg (for jpeg) or *.cr2 (for RAW) and your files will pop up quick enough.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

@diverhank wrote:

@fireweeds wrote:

Thanks for any tips!

the default Windows 10 place for downloaded files is C:\Users\User_name\Downloads so look for a folder called Downloads - not under Documents.

You can use the search box near the bottom task bar or ask Cortana to search for a *.jpg (for jpeg) or *.cr2 (for RAW) and your files will pop up quick enough.

That's the default destination for files downloaded from an Internet Web site, but I doubt that it's the destination for files copied from a card reader or uploaded from a camera. If your assertion is based on your own testing, I'll believe it; but I would be rather surprised.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thank you, Bob! I will try that!!

fireweeds

it is on my new machine Bob, L. C:MyName/downloads/pictures or the other way around. But they do go to downloads, then to pictures within downloads.

yes they go to C:/users in download (if I said documents I meant DL) I like the idea of asking cortana to find them, didn't think of that...
Announcements