cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find my downloaded pics?

fireweeds
Contributor

I downloaded the pics off my camera to my computer and see the images in the Camera app only. I now want to move or copy them to my own pics folder but am unable to do that.

Somewhere it says that the pics are at C:/users/.../pictures but they are not there.

Thanks for any tips!

26 REPLIES 26

Danny

Hi, fireweeds!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of Windows you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and midnight ET (5 AM to 9 PM PT) and Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM ET (7 AM to 5 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for the response! I am using Windows 10.

I can't think of any other information right now that would be relevant.

@fireweeds wrote:

It would help to know which camera you are using, and what software application you're using.  If you are using the EOS Utility to download from a DSLR, then there is a destination folder setting that you can specify.

I would suggest connecting your camera, or starting the download software, and checking to see where the software wants to store the pictures.  By default, the EOSU software only downloads "new" pictures, but you can ask it to download specific files.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am using a Canon camera. I downloaded their software but was not able to find any place where it gave me the destination.

The pics only showed up in the download software "photo album." I haven't found a way to export them to my computer (or import). I tried emailing them or otherwise "sharing" but that options was not there.

@Waddizzle wrote:

@fireweeds wrote:

It would help to know which camera you are using, and what software application you're using.  If you are using the EOS Utility to download from a DSLR, then there is a destination folder setting that you can specify.

I would suggest connecting your camera, or starting the download software, and checking to see where the software wants to store the pictures.  By default, the EOSU software only downloads "new" pictures, but you can ask it to download specific files.

@Waddizzle wrote:

@fireweeds wrote:

ScottyP
Authority

This sort of frustrating thing is exactly why it makes sense to take charge of the file copying process. When you let the camera do what it wants you often have a less than clear idea of where everything is.  And then too, whenever you change or upgrade post processing programs, or you upgrade Windows, or you run out of room on your hard drive and need to start using external hard drives for storage, or you want to start backing up your images, or etc, etc, etc, the automatic uploading process may suddenly stop working, or you may suddenly realize you don't know what the computer has been doing or where the images are. 

The simplest thing is to take charge of the upload process. Use a card reader instead of connecting the camera to the computer.  Make a file where you want all your images to be.  Everytime you upload a new card full of image files, you make a new sub folder in that file for those shots.  It helps to use a date and description to name each file.  Like "2016-09-03; Labor Day picnic images" or whatever.  In File Manager open the new file in one window.  Open your card reader in another window. Highlight all the image files in the card.  Drag and drop the files from the card into the new hard drive file.  Voila.

This has the added benefits of 1.) a faster transfer rate, and 2.) not running your camera battery down while doing the transfer. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

"This sort of frustrating thing is exactly why it makes sense to take charge of the file copying process. When you let the camera do what it wants you often have a less than clear idea of where everything is. "

The camera doesn't do what it wants.  The software allows you to specify exactly where the files are stored.  It is incombuent upon the user to specify a location, or at least check to see where the default location is storing files.

I installed the download software yesterday and there was no option of determining where I wanted the pics downloaded to.

@fireweeds wrote:

I installed the download software yesterday and there was no option of determining where I wanted the pics downloaded to.

I am using a Canon camera. I downloaded their software but was not able to find any place where it gave me the destination

These replies do not help.  We still have no idea which camera model you are using, nor what software you are using.

Thanks for your note!

The card reader approach sounds interesting but is a bit beyond my understanding. I heard of card reader but am not sure what it is or how I would use/apply it with my camera.

I am still hoping there is a way to figure the download software out.

Announcements