cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find DPP4 instructions or user manual?

PaulyCC
Apprentice

I just started using DPP 4.10.20.1 and I cannot get the tool palette to make any adjustments at all to the first couple of photo I am trying to edit. I tried to find a download for instructions for using the software but nothing comes up for this version of the software. How can this be? I assume that my search terms aren't correct but can someone give me a link to the instructions?

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can download manuals for all the Canon software from the support site.

https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1015509/~/digital-photo-professional-v...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Oh Canada! Thank you!

You're welcome, eh?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

A year later, the link provided no longer seems to work.  Could you update it.  Thanks!

Hey there,

You can find the manual for Digital Photo Professional under the Manuals section for whichever camera files you are using it with. The link below will take you to the Manuals section for the EOS R5 where you can get the DPP 4 manual for both Mac and Windows.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

That's it !! Thanks for the quick reply.

Folks, here in 2022 the manual download page has 2 links. 1 goes to an online HTML version, the other takes (Download Software) me in a continual loop through a pointless exercise of trying to download software.

Any clue how to get an actual download PDF?

Thanks!

Hi BadJunk,

The current Digital Photo Professional 4 manual is only available in HTML format. It is no longer available in PDF format. I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble bringing up the HDML manual. The manual is available HERE. If you want to keep the manual for quick reference it would be best to save the link as a favorite in your web browser because the downloaded version would still launch the web page I linked.

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Are you trying to edit Canon RAW images or JPEGs? Several editing tools in DPP4 will work only with RAW files. The tools may still show up in the tool palettes but they are "grayed out" and can not be activated for JPEG files.

Announcements