cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I download Digital Photo Professional v3.x?

seascape1972
Apprentice

I have been using DPP v3 for years.  I recently changed to a new computer and needed to install a fresh version which turned out to be DPP v4.  The trouble is that v4 is not an incremental upgrade, it is virtually a completely different app.  In many ways it is much more powerful, but in certain critical areas it is less so.  Frankly I am struggling with it and it is dramatically slowing down my workflow.  I don't see how becoming more familiar with it will improve things because simple tasks like cropping and rotating take much longer than before.  I just want to go back to the old trusted v3 that does the job.

I can only find links to upgrade an earlier version of DPP v3 already installed.  I have not found a link to download the complete v3 package - only v4.  Does anyone have any ideas where I can get it?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Go to the support site for your camera and look for the EOS Solution Disk download. It is a digital version of the CD that came with your camera. It will have DPP. You can then upload to the latest version which is 3.15.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks.  I had to state my operating system as Windows Vista otherwise it would only give me v4.  Anyway I am downloading the disk image now.  Do you happen to know if v3 and v4 can coexist or should I uninstall v4 before installing v3?

They can coexist. They are separate apps. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It is up and running.  Thanks so much for your help.

Announcements