Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Where Can I find EOS Utility for a 400D ?

The 400D doesn't appear any place I've looked for downloadable EOS Utility software.

But I know it is available because I've been using it for about the past year.

But I just lost my system disk.  Crashed and burned. Gone forever.  Along with that app.

Does anyone know a good link I can download it from?  I say 'good link' because, as I said, apparent links turn out not to have the option for the 400d.  I need one that does.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Where Can I find EOS Utility for a 400D ?

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/cameras/digital_slr/eos_400d.html?type=so...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Occasional Contributor

Screenshot (1).png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like you have a non-North American version of the Rebel XTi.

Give you local in-country Canon support line a call.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Occasional Contributor

Well Canon's own pages recognise it as the 400D alright and those pages say they don't have the software.

Though,  as I said before, I know they do because until my disk loss I was using it daily.

It may have been a version that worked on something else - like maybe the 350D - and for some reason Canon doesn't recognise it as viable with the 400D  ( management never ordered/authorised a software issue for that model and so it is not in the database as existing?) - but I had it, that's for sure.

If I can't find any help I"ll just have to go back and do that.... download version after version and try them...