cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam beta software availability in the UK

Consumertron
Contributor
Hi anyone know when the software for using the camera as a webcam will be available in the UK/Europe? I’ve just bought the Camlink, as beta software is only available in the US. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Consumertron wrote:
Hi anyone know when the software for using the camera as a webcam will be available in the UK/Europe? I’ve just bought the Camlink, as beta software is only available in the US. Thanks

Canon USA made it available for Canon USA customers.  There isn't anything stopping you from downloading it, AFAIK.  Just do not expect any technical support from Canon USA.  They are not providing global support.  They have their hands full providing support for the USA customers.  Do not expect technical support from Canon UK, either.  It is not their product.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Consumertron
Contributor
Thanks, I tried to download it but it didn’t work for me.

@Consumertron wrote:
Thanks, I tried to download it but it didn’t work for me.

Many people are unaware of the instructions on how to use it.  They appear on the download page.  Look at the first post in this thread.  It repeated the instructions, and gives a few tips on how to make it work.  Shutdown the EOS Utility Launcher.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/Now-Available-for-Mac-EOS-Webcam-Utility-Beta-Software-S... 

Consumertron
Contributor
Thanks this seems to be for Mac, I’m using windows.

@Consumertron wrote:
Thanks this seems to be for Mac, I’m using windows.

Yes, I am aware of that.  That is why I added the tip to disable the EOS Utlity Launcher Service.  It works with web browser, video conferencing apps the same way on either platform.

Consumertron
Contributor
Ah OK great thank you. I’ll try this then and see if it works, maybe get my money back for the camlink if it does! Cheers
Announcements