cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam Utlity & Mac High Sierra 10.13.6

petervanerp
Apprentice

Hello,

I downloaded the EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 macOS and ran the installer.  In my Applications folder, there's a Folder called EOS Webcam Utility.  The only thing in the folder is a "EOS Webcam Utility Uninstaller".  I hunted around, but can't find the Webcam anywhere (not Canon utilities, or Mac Utilities). 

I'm working on Hackintosh, emulating an Imac late 2013 with High Sierra 10.13.6.  The regular EOS utilities run fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Your hardware could be an issue, but I will assume that it is not.  If it is a problem, then it will raise its' head to let us know that it is the problem.  No need to start chasing down that rabbit hole.  

What instructions did you use to install the WebCam Utility?  The utility is a device driver.  There is no desktop application, no more so than you would have one for a thumb drive.  

Set up USB mode in the camera.  Turn on the camera, set it to video mode.  Turn it off.  Connect the USB cable, and turn the camera back on.  Open up an application that uses a webcam.  It is almost like adding a printer to your computer.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Doh!

That was it.  Thanks.

Announcements