Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Webcam Utility not working

I installed Webcam Utility for MacOS (Catalina 10.15.7). Unfortunately I cannot select the Webcam Utility in any of the programs tried (e.g. Zoom) as it does not even show up as an option. I tried reinstalling Webcam Utility etc. but nothing seems to help.

Please advise!

Thanks,

Philippe

New Contributor

Re: Webcam Utility not working

[ Edited ]

I installed the newest version of the Canon Webcam Utility on my MBP running Catilina 10.15.7 and I'm able to select the webcam camera from all applications however once connected I only get a display of a USB drawing and a red X indicated it's not connected. Of course, I have connected the supplied USB cable to both the camera and my MBP. a put the camera, Canon M50, in Video mode but it just refuses to connect to the software running on the MBP.

Should the Firmware of the M50 be at a specific Firmware release because this is the same problem I had with the Beta version running on Windows 10? I'm not sure this works on either OS.

EOS.png