cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam Utility not working anymore

AlexScarlat
Apprentice

Yesterday it worked just fine, I put my battery to charge and today when I tried it again it simply does not work. I tried reinstalling it rebooting the pc taking the battery out of the camera, changing the modes it simply does not work. It shows me that it is connected but the webcam utility does not work. All the camera shows is a picture of a little PC. I can't even select the software as my webcam it simply does not work. Anyone know what should be done in this situation?camera.pngcamera not working.jfif

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What type of computer are you running?  I assume that you are running Windows 10 because you used "pc".

The computer icon on the camera is what appears when the camera connects with the regular EOS Utlity.  Make sure that the regular EOS Utlity Launcher Service is not running.  

You have to close the EOS Utility, and disable the EOS Utility Launcher service.  The Launcher Service is one of icons in the system try near the system clock on the taskbar.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am indeed runnin Windows 10 and I closed that because I saw that it was a  problem. I even selected "do not open automaticaly when plugging in the camera" and it still doesn't seem to work. Any other tips??

@AlexScarlat wrote:

I am indeed runnin Windows 10 and I closed that because I saw that it was a  problem. I even selected "do not open automaticaly when plugging in the camera" and it still doesn't seem to work. Any other tips??

Before you close the regular EOS Utlity, does it work properly?  This is a good test of your setup.

If the regular EOS Utlity works, you need to do more than shut it down.  You need to disable the EOS Utility Launcher Service in the system tray of icons near the clock.  THIS is the problem.

Right click on the icon, and select "Exit".  This must be done BEFORE you connect the camera and turn it on.

Refer to these forum pages for tips and tricks.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Canon-EOS-Webcam-Utility/bg-p/CanonEOSWebcamUtility 

I've officially tried EVERYTHING. I uninstalled the EOS utility I uninstalled the webcam utility I've restarted my pc like a Bilion times and everything I get is a Blackscreen. Not even the USB error or the camera error just a pure black screen. I ran out of options I simply don't know what went wrong. I have another webcam and it works so it's not like I did something to my computer it just stopped working overnight. I went and looked at the tips and tricks but nothing helpful showed. Thank you for your help anyway i will simply give up I am tired of trying.blackscreen.png

Announcements