cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam Utility and Zoom on Windows only shows utility logo

jimtut
Apprentice

Installed the utility for my camera (EOS Rebel T6), rebooted, launched Zoom.  I am able to select EOS as a video source, but it only shows the logo, whether or not my camera is plugged in.

Any tricks to enabling the EOS utility (which seems to be installed since it's a video source in Zoom) to actually be able to talk to my camera?

Clipboard01.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If the Rebel T6 has Wi-Fi, then make sure the camera is in USB mode.  

How long have you owned the camera?  How do you download stills from the camera?  

I had thought it used the EOS Utility 2, but apparently it uses the EOS Utility 3, which seems to be the determining factor when it comes to compatibility.  Let's first make sure that the EOS Utility 3 can connect to the camera, then work our way up to Web Cam.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Did you follow ALL of the instructions?  

I do not think your camera is listed as being supported.  Instructions say not to use the web version of some apps, and I think Zoom was one of them.  Did you shut down the EOS Utility Launcher Service in the System Tray?

According to https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility/, EOS Rebel T6 is supported.  I tried using the Webcam utility before ever installing the basic Canon Utility (I normally use my Mac for transferring images, but want to use the webcam for work on my PC).  So, the basic Utility was not interferring.

I later installed the basic Utility, and it can't see the camera either.  I'm using the correct USB cable, I even tried 2 of them.  is there anything to enable in the camera for the USB port to work?  If not, it's possible that there's a policy on my PC that prevents external cameras being attached...

You just need to make sure your camera is on, in video mode, not recording, and that the USB cable is connected to a good USB port - usually on a desktop PC, it'll be a rear port that works best. If you're on a laptop, your laptop will need to be plugged into its power adapter. 

Make sure the EOS Utility software is closed (the camera icon near your clock), and it should work, unless something else is causing a problem. 

Yes, I've done all of those things.  I'm not alone in this problem with that exact same logo shown in Zoom.  While searching YouTube for hints to get this working, someone commented there with a Rebel T6 with the exact same problem.  Maybe we both have bad cables or other PC problems, or maybe the T6 doesn't really work with this yet?  But the fact that the EOS Utility itself can't detect the camera tells me that something is really wrong.  I've tried 2 cables, but I'll look for a 3rd...

If the Rebel T6 has Wi-Fi, then make sure the camera is in USB mode.  

How long have you owned the camera?  How do you download stills from the camera?  

I had thought it used the EOS Utility 2, but apparently it uses the EOS Utility 3, which seems to be the determining factor when it comes to compatibility.  Let's first make sure that the EOS Utility 3 can connect to the camera, then work our way up to Web Cam.

Thanks!  I had to go into the Wifi menu and fully disable it, that allowed the USB connection to work to the PC!

BTW, I've never used the USB before (obvsiouly), I always transfer photos (to my Mac) using the SD card.

Santiago_0118
Apprentice
What exactly happened when you connected your camera. When I connected mine, my camera screen said, “Press <camera icon> button to activate movie shooting.” I press it and then it disappears and shows what the camera is seeing. I then go straight to my pc, open up discord, zoom, and google meets. In every screen, I still se the “EOS Webcam Utility” with the USB end and an X. I’ve tried restarting my pc, uninstalling as well as all the other tips above. I’d appreciate any kinds of help.

b3mv0b
Apprentice
When I get this on zoom I only have to turn the T6I off and turn it back on to the video setting. You;ll hear the two tone indicating that the camera is on operating. I will usually go through the audio setting test page then the video test on zoom. make sure the USB cable and connectors are good. Wish I could offer more help but I moved to a different camera and the Canon webcam update does not recognize the camera as being connected. I will go back to the beta download because it has worked for the old T6I for months and hours on end without fail. I use it with the Zoom Meeting App. All the best

LanceLeVar
Contributor

When I start a ZOOM meeting, my EOS Webcam Utility Beta works perfectly. I can see myself and the attendees can see me.

However, when I am invited to a ZOOM meeting, there are times when he EOS Webcam Utility Beta works fine and other times, if just shows the splash page. 

I can leave that meeting and immediately start my own meeting, without changing any settings, and the utility works perfectly.

Any thoughts/suggestions. 

Announcements