cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam Utility Camera In Use

loganasherjones
Apprentice

I have a canon EOS 5D Mark III. I've downloaded and installed the webcam utility. I have OBS open and it recognizes the EOS webcam utility, however, whenever I select it, it indicates that the webcam is already in use:

eos_problem.PNG

I've installed the software, restarted several times, tried different USB ports, and confirmed that the EOS Utility is not running. I don't really know any next steps I should be taking.

For what it's worth, I have run the EOS Utility and I can get the live preview working there, so I'm just really lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As it turns out, I had my camera in a mode where it wouldn't allow any output if there was not an SD card inserted. After inserting the card, everything started working as normal.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It would be most useful to know which operating system your computer is running.

These are instructions for Windows.  Turn off the camera.  Connect it to the computer with a USB cable.  Turn on the camera.  If the EOS Utility launches, then you do not have the EOS Utility disabled.  

You need to disable the EOS Utility Launcher Service.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hey Waddizzle,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I'm running a Windows 10 operating system. The EOS Utility is indeed disabled. It only starts if I manually go find and launch it.

@loganasherjones wrote:

Hey Waddizzle,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I'm running a Windows 10 operating system. The EOS Utility is indeed disabled. It only starts if I manually go find and launch it.

Make sure the camera is set for USB.  The regular EOS Utility should be able to download files from the camera, and allow for remote Live View control.  If you can do this then you will know that your USB cable is a good data cable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

As it turns out, I had my camera in a mode where it wouldn't allow any output if there was not an SD card inserted. After inserting the card, everything started working as normal.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the help!

Announcements