Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Waking camera when remote shooting - iPhone

During a remote shoot last night using Camera Connect with iPhone, my Live View went to sleep. I couldn't figure how to wake it up again without pressing the shutter button. I suspect it is tied to my iPhone going to sleep after a certain amount of time, but not certain. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

VIP

Re: Waking camera when remote shooting - iPhone

Press the shutter.  That works.  It's the best way to wake up the camera when it goes to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. It took a shot when I did that, which was what I didn't want. I'll try not to press all the way next time.

Esteemed Contributor

@DaBrownCO wrote:

Thanks. It took a shot when I did that, which was what I didn't want. I'll try not to press all the way next time.

The shutter button isn't the only button that will wake up the camera. The "AF-ON" button can do it as well, assuming it hasn't been disabled as part of a "back-button focus" configuration). Do you have access to that button via your iPhone?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I do have "AF-ON" assigned to back-button focus in fact. Also that button is not available from the Camera Connect app. I think I may be able to toggle between viewing images and remote shooting, and that might work. I'll need to experiment with it some.