cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Capture Time Lost on Import with Camera Connect

letsgoexploring
Apprentice

I have a Canon 90D. When I import photos and videos to my iPad Pro using the Camera Connect app, the capture time for my videos is changed to the time at import. Photo metadata imports correctly.

I do not have the problem when I import to my iPhone Xs. Importing videos to the iPhone with Camera Connect results in uploaded videos having the correct capture time.

My guess is that the issue is with either the iPad app or the iPad itself.

Has anyone else had this issue with Camera Connect and the iPad Pro? Any suggestions on how to fix the problem and/or communicate this issue to the Camera Connect developers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

letsgoexploring
Apprentice

The issue appears to be with the Camera Connet app.

If "Movie save quality" is set to "Compressed", then capture date/time is set to import date/time. But if "Movie save quality" is set to "Original", correct capture date/time is maintained.

The issue is the app itself and not the iPhone or iPad. I am able to reproduce the issue on my iPhone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

letsgoexploring
Apprentice

If "Movie save quality" is set to "Compressed", then capture date/time is set to import date/time. But if "Movie save quality" is set to "Original", correct capture date/time is maintained.

The issue is the app itself and not the iPhone or iPad. I am able to reproduce the issue on my iPhone.

@letsgoexploring wrote:

The same thing happens when you export JPG files from RAW files.  The JPGs have the current date, which is the actual date that they were crated, not the date of the source file used to create them.  This is NOT a bug.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements