cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DPP4 and can't figure out resizing

samanthawelz
Apprentice

I've found a few videos showing how to resize to a specific pixel dimension in Photoshop but can't seem to find a resource. I'm needing to crop and resize images to exactly 800x1000 pixels and 1000x1200 pixels for use on a website. 

Does anyone have suggestions for the best way to do this with DPP 4? 

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Ray-uk
Whiz

I'm pretty certain that you can't do a resize in DPP.

If you want an easy way to resize JPG images then try the  Fastone Viewer software, a google search will find it and it's free.

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

In DPP, you will need to set the custom aspect ratio you need when you choose the crop tool (1:1.25 and 1:1.2 for the two pixel specs you mention) and then chose the convert and save (NOT save as) option and specify the total pixel size you want in one box and the other box should show the proper size to match your requirements.

Basically the first step determines the X to Y proportion via the crop tool and then the convert and save downsamples to the required output pixel size.

iRfanview is an easy to use stand alone free app to do this but you still must crop in it to the proper ratio before saving to the pixel size you want.  One advantage to iRfanview is that you can also set the maximum file size which is useful for some websites.

Rodger 

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@wq9nsc wrote:

...One advantage to iRfanview is that you can also set the maximum file size which is useful for some websites.

Rodger 

Another advantage to Irfanview is that you can do a batch rename of the files when you're doing the batch resizing. And it will resize and rename a batch of 20 or 30 jpegs in a heartbeat and a half! It happens so quickly you're likely to think you accidently clicked on the "Cancel" button by mistake! Robot surprised

Announcements