cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DPP 4 with G16 and can't get raw to batch convert.

rocketmann
Contributor

DPP 4 fails to convert raw to Tiff and gives error message on all raw files. First time Ive had this problem. Using USB card reader as transfer from direct transfer of image files from camera to computer is currently not supported for OS 10.12.1. Any thoughts? Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

rocketmann
Contributor
Thanks so much. I must have missed it when I looked. I'll get to it this afternoon.

Updated to DPP 4.5 and experience the same problem. ?? If it's germain, I'm using a G16.

@rocketmann wrote:

Updated to DPP 4.5 and experience the same problem. ??

I suggest that you contact Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

rocketmann
Contributor
I'm so thankful for all the time you spent addressing my issue. I will provide answers to your questions and suggestions in the order they appear in your post

My G16 is not recognized by WiFi modem and it is set up correctly per Canon tech. I cannot download via USB either. Canon told me they were having software problems and engineers are in touch with Apple. No time estimate for
solution. Again I'm running OS X12.01 with 12 GB of Ram and 640 GB of memory.

Down loading images with card reader into DPP 4.3.32 or 4.5 no problem (installed and then uninstalled each version so that that only one version was present in Applications) CR2 files appear. I can convert to TIFF from CR2 RAW if I do it file by file, but when I try to batch process from pull down I get the window that lists the files to be converted, destination folder ... I checked out the DPP 4 batch file and it is where you said I would find it and it is working. No error message when it launches. The error message that appears for each file when I try to convert is, "Img_0780.CR2 RAW (an arrow) Img_0780.CR2 TIF An error occurred." This appears for every file when I try to convert.

Hope this helps and once again thanks for all your help.

System pref. was set at "Allow Apple and second party."

rocketmann
Contributor
I have tried all suggested solutions but continue to be unable to batch process.

@rocketmann wrote:
I have tried all suggested solutions but continue to be unable to batch process.

Is it overwriting existing TIFF files, from a previous batch run?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

rocketmann
Contributor
Waddizzle

No. not overwriting TIFFs. After I open DPP I drag CR2 RAW files from the card reader to a separate folder from the TIFFs.

Please see my post of 11.28 which will give you an overview of my work flow. Very mysterious. Not sure what the problem is. Any suggestions? If Canon is reading would like you to join the conversation.
Announcements