cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading photos to Canon iMage Gateway using wifi difficulties 'set date/time'

sunsetcombs
Apprentice

I have already set up my account and camera with Canon iMage Gateway, and I have uploaded pictures using my wifi before. But now, every time I click on the Canon iMage Gateway button on my camera to try and upload the photos, it says 'Notification: Set Date/Time' and will not allow me to upload them. I have updated both the date and time, but it still won't work. What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5

Tim
Authority

Hello Sunsetcombs,

The first thing to check would be whether or not your camera has a built in backup battery or a replaceable one.  This will vary by model.  Even if it's built in, there is a procedure to re-charge this after a period if disuse. 

In your reply, please let the community know not only the model camera you are using but also the operating system of the computer you are using.  This will aid in the assistance that we're able to offer regarding this issue. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm generaly having the same issue.  I get the "set date and time" notification everytime the camera tries to send the e-mail for the web service setup.   I have a brand new SX720 HS.    The camera is storing the time and i have it set correctly.

Thanks

dcorkz wrote:

I'm generaly having the same issue.  I get the "set date and time" notification everytime the camera tries to send the e-mail for the web service setup.   I have a brand new SX720 HS.    The camera is storing the time and i have it set correctly.

Thanks

This couldn't be a wilder stab in the dark, because I've never used the Canon Image Gateway. But is it conceivable that someone is complaining because the camera and the computer aren't in the same time zone? (Or they think they are but are showing different times?)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi Bob,

The time on the computer shouldn't matter for the issue i'm having.  It's the camera itself that is trying to send the e-mail not the computer.

I've also double and triple checked times and time zones on everything involved with setting up the camera and it's all set correctly based on the manual

Problem solved.   I ended up using the wps wifi setup instead of having the camera search for my network ssid name.   As soon as it connected it wanted to send the e-mail and it worked.

Announcements