cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Photos to Canon Image Gateway or Google Drive

adwissler
Contributor
To Whom It May Concern: My name is Andrew Wissler. I have a question about my Canon PowerShot SX620 HS. When I upload photos to Canon Image Gateway or Google Drive, is there any way I can change the folder(s) that the images download to, and if so, how can I do that? Also, when I turn my computer on and Canon Image Utility starts up, it says, "Standby for reception." What does this mean, and is it supposed to do this? If not, how can I change this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Sincerely, Andrew Wissler
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I use Canon image gateway often and it is pretty straightforward at least once you have the files on a computer or other device.  I use Canon 1 series bodies which don't have WiFi so I can't help you with direct WiFi upload from your camera but if you are transferring the files to your computer and editing/selecting them there first then image gateway is very simple to use. 

Once you are logged in and select Online photo album then select album and then create album which is effectively creating a folder.  Then click upload and drag and drop your files into the upload window and they will be uploaded.  Once uploaded you can then sort them (I use exposure time/date for sort order), name the album, select a cover image, and create a link so that others can view the album.

There is another option which allows you to create new albums from files that are already uploaded.  Once you create an album you can also add more files to that when you wish.

I have used this Canon service often to share game photos with other parents and non-technical users find it easy to view and download images.  My only complaint is Canon doesn't provide the option to purchase additional storage space and with multiple sports and 1 series cameras creating large image files I have to pretty quickly remove older files to avoid exceeding the 10 gig limit.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

It is a piece of cake when plugged into the computer via a cable. The issue is with wifi transfers. Thanks for the input.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kwrlreed
Apprentice

I am a new Canon customer as well with an SX730hs, struggling with uploading pictures via wifi and the gateway. Seems like it should be so much simpler than it is. Can't really find any good information. I will follow your post to see what kind of answers you get. I just want to be able to upload my photos to a computer in a timeley fashion, don't want to be selecting images, plugging in a cord. It's complicated. LOL

I use Canon image gateway often and it is pretty straightforward at least once you have the files on a computer or other device.  I use Canon 1 series bodies which don't have WiFi so I can't help you with direct WiFi upload from your camera but if you are transferring the files to your computer and editing/selecting them there first then image gateway is very simple to use. 

Once you are logged in and select Online photo album then select album and then create album which is effectively creating a folder.  Then click upload and drag and drop your files into the upload window and they will be uploaded.  Once uploaded you can then sort them (I use exposure time/date for sort order), name the album, select a cover image, and create a link so that others can view the album.

There is another option which allows you to create new albums from files that are already uploaded.  Once you create an album you can also add more files to that when you wish.

I have used this Canon service often to share game photos with other parents and non-technical users find it easy to view and download images.  My only complaint is Canon doesn't provide the option to purchase additional storage space and with multiple sports and 1 series cameras creating large image files I have to pretty quickly remove older files to avoid exceeding the 10 gig limit.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

It is a piece of cake when plugged into the computer via a cable. The issue is with wifi transfers. Thanks for the input.

To Whom It May Concern: Thank you very much. I will try that. Sincerely, Andrew Wissler

To Whom It May Concern: Thank you very much. I will try that. Sincerely, Andrew Wissler
Announcements