cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect camera (eos m10) with phone

weetai
Apprentice

Hi, I have some problem connecting my camera to my phone via wifi. I have follow the instructions accordingly. However, when I get to the stage where the wifi is "connected" the message "internet may not be available appear below the ssid of the camera. I have even tried to reset the camera wifi setting and it's still the same. 

However, I am able to cooect the camera and phone using my home wifi where my camera and phone was connected to the same network. Anyone can help out please? Thank you inadvance.

1 REPLY 1

@weetai wrote:

Hi, I have some problem connecting my camera to my phone via wifi. I have follow the instructions accordingly. However, when I get to the stage where the wifi is "connected" the message "internet may not be available appear below the ssid of the camera. I have even tried to reset the camera wifi setting and it's still the same. 

However, I am able to cooect the camera and phone using my home wifi where my camera and phone was connected to the same network. Anyone can help out please? Thank you inadvance.

Make sure that the camera is configured as a WiFi client and that the phone is configured as an access point and wireless router. In any other configuration, you won't be able to reach the Internet. And your hint that the camera has an SSID suggests that it's configured as the access point. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you probably need to read up on WiFi before trying to proceed further.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements