Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to load EOS 750D software on Windows 10

MikeD2
Apprentice

Hi All

I have a problem!

On the canon website it says if i connect my camera to the computer i can download the required software!
I have done this and the camera connects OK but NO software like comes up. Can any body help me! I cannot download from their website as it tells me to connect the camera. Do I try to find our of take it back to the shop and swop it for a Nikon?

HELP

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

MikeD2
Apprentice

Sorted it I had to get it from elswhere it! I have seen some bad websites in my time but the Canon wan wins hands down. no logic to it whatsoeverMan Sad

@MikeD2 wrote:

Sorted it I had to get it from elswhere it! I have seen some bad websites in my time but the Canon wan wins hands down. no logic to it whatsoeverMan Sad

Actually, it used to be pretty good. But two or three years ago they completely revamped it, resulting in the turgid mess that it is today. But be assured that in matters like this, they are well beyond listening to the likes of us. The fact that some of us have been in computer services and software development since before they were born is of no consequence. They know best, and we will eventually realize that if we live long enough.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is Canon supplied software, but none of it is "required" to use the camera or download and process images.

If you don't have other photo software then DPP would be required if you are shooting RAW (which I recommend). If you are shooting JPEG the Windows 10 Photo software can be used.

You can EOS Utility to downoad images, or you can just open the card folder and copy directly.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements