cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Forum

CrabbyOne
Contributor

So far not so impressed, but maybe I'm posting incorrectly.  I'm on hold with Canon 30-45 minutes.  If this is the "new normal" for customer service, I will go to another photo editing software.  Picasa is no longer supported and starting to mess up.  Am I talking to no one?

10 REPLIES 10

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Since DPP was free, I guess you won't lose much.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@CrabbyOne wrote:

So far not so impressed, but maybe I'm posting incorrectly.  I'm on hold with Canon 30-45 minutes.  If this is the "new normal" for customer service, I will go to another photo editing software.  Picasa is no longer supported and starting to mess up.  Am I talking to no one?

Right after the Christmas holidays is always a VERY busy time to get service.  Busiest time of the year,  Still, Canon Support is the best in the industry, I am told.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This is a user supported forum, not an official Canon support site. But we have many very knowledgeable and willing to help participants.

Perhaps post the problem you are having with DPP and see if anyone on this forum can assist you.

Be specific, provide the OS you are using and maybe a screenshot if that would be meaningful.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John_SD
Whiz

@CrabbyOne wrote:

No, you seem to be posting correctly, but you haven't described what your issue is, thus you shouldn't expect any help. As another poster noted, this isn't a Canon customer service site. We are end users, like you, but there are quite a few very knowledgable people here. None of them are mind readers, though. Best of luck getting your problem resolved, whatever it may be. 

DPP 4.11 Manual

A Good Read

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Oh, you are correct.  I decided it is time for me to leave Picasa as it has been getting more and more unreliable and it is not longer supported.  I wanted to know if anyone else was using Canon's "My Image Garden" which apparently is part of the "Canon Digital Professional Editing" program.  Thank you, CrabbyOne

My Image Garden is separate from DPP. You can use DPP w/o MIG and vice/versa.

From Canon site: " My Image Garden is a handy software application that allows you to simply organise and print your photos. Use your photos to create attractive collages, greeting cards and other items."

Also from Canon site "Digital Photo Professional 4 is a genuine, Canon-made application for browsing, selecting, and developing RAW images. It is equipped with various image adjustment functions in the Picture Style format and allows the user to make speedy image adjustments with freedom."

DPP can also be used to edit JPEG images.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, THANK you, thank YOU and THANK YOU!  Marie aka CrabbyOne

LowellRodrigue
Apprentice

You can edit images with an application like inshot pro

Announcements