cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The format is not supported

Dake11
Apprentice

I've created a number of Christmas video files with my HF R300 camcorder but the ImageMixer SE 3 software does recognize the files.  The files are .MTS format.  Why can't the software that came with the camcorder read the files?  I had a previous Canon camcorder and can recognize the old files without any problems.  Please help! 

3 REPLIES 3

jfo
Rising Star

The MTS file is not meant to be a standalone video file.  I'm not sure how the Canon software imports video, but the folder structure and other files on the memory card help tell the software how to open and read the MTS files.   Try again with the entire memory card.

I have an SD card slot on my computer.  ImageMixer reads the thumbnails from the card but they have a circle with slash in a corner.  When I double-click on the thumbnail, the previous images would open and play the clip.  The new images don't open and a dialog box comes up that says "The format is not supported."  Thanks for the reply.  I will have to try something else.

Samsen
Enthusiast

Use a USB card reader to transfer entire folder containing your MTS from camera's memory card to storage / Hard drive of computer. Sometimes there are files on original folder that will not allow recognition as they are not transferred via original software.

Use Movist or VLC that will play MTS files at best instead of your other software or check to see if an update is available at web site for the software that came with your camera.

Announcements