cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethered; saving both in camera & laptop? EOS Utility 3

archfotos
Contributor

Updated to Eos Utility 3 on a Mac 10.9.4 using either a 5d or 6d with a USB cord.  I can' find where in EOS Utility I can set it to record the file both to the laptop as well as in camera cards(CF or SD)?  There is not the normal check box under Remote Shooting in the preferences .

Second question,  I've been using EOS Utility linked with DPP for tethered shooting for many years but really seem lost with these  new versions are there any updated online video tutorials that someone can point me towards?

thanks,  jeff

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tim
Authority

Hello Archfotos,

Of the many options available when shooting tethered with (compatible) cameras, the save to card option is not present.  Images are saved to your computer's memory.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

@archfotos wrote:

Hi Bob, thank you for that insight that would be awsome!  I only have full frame cameras any idea how one goes about making Eos Utility 3 to launch version 2? I sure wish there were some of Canon's super helpful video tutorials on this subject for software-challenged people like me.

I'm looking at a Windows 8 computer as I write this, but I think it would be the same for Windows 7.

If the EU Launcher sees that you're using a FF camera, I think it will call Version 3 by default. So you just don't go there.

In the folder where the installer puts the EOS Utility, there are two subfolders, EU2 and EU3. In EU2, open "EOS Utility 2.exe". Once you're sure it does what you want, you can make a separate shortcut for it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Bob,  thank you so very much! I truly appreciate all your help.  Yes I found the folder version 2 and it looks like that will work.  Still not sure why Canon would even consider removing this feature as I can't imagine shooting tethered without creating the backup - but this works and that's what I needed to figure out.

Thanks again,

jeff

rgoodger
Apprentice

Here is how you do it...Canon Setting.jpg

thank you thank you! I just switched to Capture One from LR, and got totally freaked out on-set when I saw that nothing was saved to the CF card while shooting tethered. This seems to solve it!

Arvest
Apprentice
Announcements