cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking pictures of warehouse individual stock items

mcfcmav
Apprentice

Hi - I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I have?:

I work for a comany that is moving to sell stock online and so we need to take pictures of each item we have in stock (Circa 7000 items) and each item has a unique part number - I was wondering if any of the Canon software that comes with the cameras will let you take a single picture and then on a computer will pop up a "Save As"  dialogue box so we can save the picture as the relevent part number of the item..

I think this would be the quickest (Still long winded) way of trawling though our stock and taking and saving pictures.

Unless anyone has any great ideas?

Many thanks in advance for your help and assistance..

Paul

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you have a camera with wifi maybe the Canon connection app will let you do that.

You could also just do it with paper and pencil; you know the frame number, just write down the stock number.

Finally, you could use a digital voice recorder and dictate the info.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for hte advice - I think the wifi option would be best overall - hte less manual (Writing) the less mistakes etc.

"I think this would be the quickest (Still long winded) way of trawling though our stock and taking and saving pictures." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my experience, the quickest path usually winds up being the worst path over the long run.  Perhaps you may want to take a cue from what filmmakers do sort out all of the shots that they take.  They use a clapperboard.

While you wouldn't need anything that fancy, A simple blackboard would work, with some tape to define boxes.  I would imagine you could be taking a series of shots of products, and some photo stacking may be involved to yield photos of the entire object in focus.

You should take your time on a job that large and complex.  Pay meticulous attention to the details, instead of the quick path.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements