Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7 Video Downloads to iPhone

eli_sha
Apprentice

Hi,

Asking this for a relative.

They are having difficulties downloading videos onto their iPhone via the Canon Camera Connect app. The issue seems to be the format of the videos, which are in .mov format. Can the T7 camera film in .mp4 format or, is there a way around this in order to get videos from the camera onto the iPhone?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

The user manual doesn't list the codec (format) of movies captured by the EOS Rebel T7.  However, I would assume that it's using Canon's AVCHD format.  As such, you'd need to use a computer to open and then convert the footage to a format usable by iPhones.

For all Canon footage I've captured (though only via Camcorders), I use Final Cut Pro on my Mac.  I can then export files usable by any devices (e.g. iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, etc.).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@eli_sha wrote:

Hi,

Asking this for a relative.

They are having difficulties downloading videos onto their iPhone via the Canon Camera Connect app. The issue seems to be the format of the videos, which are in .mov format. Can the T7 camera film in .mp4 format or, is there a way around this in order to get videos from the camera onto the iPhone?

Thanks in advance.

Bingo!  You hit the nail on the head.  The incompatible file format is exactly why it doesn't work.  The MOV file format would quickly eat up the memory in a smart phone.  MP4 files have a lot more compression.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

MOV is Apple's QuickTime "container".  What that container can hold can be many things to include MPEG4.  Thus, having a MOV doesn't imply that it would take up lots of space.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements