cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacking Bracketed Shots

KevinLyons
Apprentice
Any rumors on when DPP will incorporate the ability to stack/combine shots? I don't use Photoshop or Lightroom.
I have used some freebie sites but they struggle with 24mp photos.
Thanks
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I know this isn't the answer you want but if you want professional results or to do professional edits, you need a professional editor.  That is LR and PS.  I know folks  are going to say DPP is almost as good or does almost as much but that is the point ............ it is almost.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

Hello ebiggs1, 

While yes, LR and PS are uh, might I say...Infinite in possibilities, I am nothing more than an enthusiest and don't bracket that often. I'm finding myself in situations where a three string or even five strings of shots would be fun to stack but would just like to fart around in DPP with them. You can bet your bottom dollar that if I was anything remotely equivalent of being pro or semi-pro, I would invest the dime in the high grade software. Being a rookie, guess I'll play with some of the cheesy stuff just for fun. Thanks for the answer though. I appreciate your time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I know this isn't the answer you want but if you want professional results or to do professional edits, you need a professional editor.  That is LR and PS.  I know folks  are going to say DPP is almost as good or does almost as much but that is the point ............ it is almost.

EB

Hello ebiggs1, 

While yes, LR and PS are uh, might I say...Infinite in possibilities, I am nothing more than an enthusiest and don't bracket that often. I'm finding myself in situations where a three string or even five strings of shots would be fun to stack but would just like to fart around in DPP with them. You can bet your bottom dollar that if I was anything remotely equivalent of being pro or semi-pro, I would invest the dime in the high grade software. Being a rookie, guess I'll play with some of the cheesy stuff just for fun. Thanks for the answer though. I appreciate your time.

" Being a rookie, guess I'll play with some of the cheesy stuff just for fun."

Give Photoshop Elemens a look.  It is the "rookie" version.  Smiley Happy

EB

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@KevinLyons wrote:
Any rumors on when DPP will incorporate the ability to stack/combine shots? I don't use Photoshop or Lightroom.
I have used some freebie sites but they struggle with 24mp photos.
Thanks

What is the end result you are looking for?  

There are different definitions of “stacking” images.  Adobe Photoshop can perform most of the ways to “stack” images.  Adobe Lightroom cannot stack images, but it can combine them in simpler ways.

DPP is useful for developing digital negatives, RAW files, into digital printable files, JPEGs.  It is not designed to edit the images at the pixel level, and I doubt if that feature would ever be included.  

Canon’s DPP is more similar to Adobe Lightroom than Adobe Photoshop.  Adobe LR can combine images.  You can “combine” photos in DPP, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements