cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sooo.... Can we add more Cameras to the EOS Webcam Utility

SamSungBoi
Apprentice

i have a canob rebel T1i and my dad has a Canon 70D and when we saw a webcam beta we were so happy because we dont have webcams but we looked at the compatibility list and our cameras werent listed. i know they are older cameras but its not like we can go get no cameras right now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If I had to guess.  The T1 is not being supported due to its age, but you can certainly try it.

The 70D is a different story all together.  These cameras have been known to fail after prolonged video use.

Service Advisory 70D

It too, could work, but I wouldn't risk it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If I had to guess.  The T1 is not being supported due to its age, but you can certainly try it.

The 70D is a different story all together.  These cameras have been known to fail after prolonged video use.

Service Advisory 70D

It too, could work, but I wouldn't risk it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for letting me know. also the canon forum is magical; it didnt work before but right after i made that post my T1i worked!!! also thank you for letting me know about the 70D i will let my dad know before he breaks the camera

What did you do to make the T1i work as a webcam?

How did you get it to work!? I need to know! haha

Which version did you use?

thanks!

Good news: When Canon released the official Mac version, it listed the 70D.

Bad news: When I tried it, my 70D did in fact overheat and stop working.

Good news: Because this was a known flaw, Canon fixed it for free.

Good news (for Canon): I'd been wanting something smaller and lighter anyway, to complement the 70D. So I purchased an M50, which works better as a webcam because it doesn't have a mirror to flip up and down every time I enter or leave a Zoom breakout room.

Hello - Which of the drivers should I try to get the Rebel T1i to work? I'd really appreciate your help!  - Pam

I note that the Windows version supports 70D. Is there any reason to think that overheating would be more likely with the Mac version?

joegreen
Apprentice

I am anxiously awaiting the Canon 6d addition to the list 🙂

7D also please! 

Announcements