cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Disk for EOS 5D and 30D

AE-1
Contributor

Does anyone know which versions of the Digital Camera Solution Disk came with the original 5D and 30D cameras?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AE-1! 

We had to do a little digging into our archives to find what versions of the EOS Digital Solution Discs the EOS 5D and EOS 30D shipped with! 

The EOS 5D shipped with EOS Digital Solution Disc Version 11.

The EOS 30D shipped with EOS Digital Solution Disc Version 12. 

Both of these discs are not available for download on our website. Our techincal support team maybe able to help you with finding a workaround. You can reach them HERE

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

@AE-1 wrote:

Does anyone know which versions of the Digital Camera Solution Disk came with the original 5D and 30D cameras?

Thanks

Even if you found them, it's unlikely that they'd work with today's operating systems.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I have a P3 Windows 2000 machine and a P4 Windows XP machine.

There are alot of different Solution Disks on ebay, but I would like to find the ones that were offered with the 5D and 30D which I use regularly.

Thanks

I don't have the original with that info but have my working copy. It has the TWAIN drivers for the 5D, 30D, 1Ds mark 2 & 1D2n, Photostitch is Ver 3.1. DPP is Ver 2.1, EOS Utility is ver 1.0, and Zoombrowser is Ver 5.6. Hope that helps.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Yes, thank you. That will help. I purchased both cameras used so I don't know if the disk I have is original because it didn't seem to have the appropriate drivers. I had to download them from Canon. The disk I have is version 28.2 and it has Zoom Browser 5.6.0.27 and Canon Utilities 1.0.3.17.

@AE-1 wrote:

I have a P3 Windows 2000 machine and a P4 Windows XP machine.

There are alot of different Solution Disks on ebay, but I would like to find the ones that were offered with the 5D and 30D which I use regularly.

Thanks

Why don't you just go to the Canon Support web site and download whatever version you want, instead of paying someone on eBay to do it for you and burn it to a disk?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support.   

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I would like to have the original disk. They're not expensive but I just need to know for sure which one it is.

@AE-1 wrote:

I would like to have the original disk. They're not expensive but I just need to know for sure which one it is.

If you visit the web site, it will become plainly obvious.  You must find your cameras' support page by using that link.

The drivers are there but not the disk version

@AE-1 wrote:

The drivers are there but not the disk version

It is there.  You must have missed it.  Make sure you select "Software" and the correct Operating System.  

EOS UTILITY UPDATER 2.4

Announcements