cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software for Powershot SX530 HS

tongas
Apprentice

Hi community!

I´ve installed in Windows 7 all the needed drivers for the camera but when I open Movie Maker, this soft doesn´t recognize it (I mean, the camera does not appear as a source to choose)  Would it be a soft issue? In this case, any other soft to recommend? Or maybe it could be other issue?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Gaston

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@tongas wrote:

Hi community!

I´ve installed in Windows 7 all the needed drivers for the camera but when I open Movie Maker, this soft doesn´t recognize it (I mean, the camera does not appear as a source to choose)  Would it be a soft issue? In this case, any other soft to recommend? Or maybe it could be other issue?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Gaston

You need to update your Operating System to Windows 10.  End of story.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@tongas wrote:

Hi community!

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Gaston

You need to update your Operating System to Windows 10.  End of story.

While thats true for other reasons it doen't address the OP's issue; no assurance things would behave differently under W10.

To the OP - is the  camera recognized by Windows as a device in the My PC window? Like this:

Annotation 2020-01-16 134310.jpg

Can you download the movie files from your camera to a folder and then access the folder from MM?

Has the MM program ever worked with other equipment/files?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Thanks for your kind reply.

"To the OP - is the  camera recognized by Windows as a device in the My PC window?": Yes! I can see it in "Devices and Drives" and access to the camera as well. Do you know about any other soft like MM?

Thanks again,

Regards,

Gaston

I don't have any recommendations relative to a movie app Gaston. I do not record video.

Did you try downloading the files from the camera to your computer and then using MM? 

I believe your camera will connect to an iPhone or iPad if you use them and Apple has a movie editor.

I'm also sure you can Google and find a number of video editing apps.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@tongas wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks for your kind reply.

"To the OP - is the  camera recognized by Windows as a device in the My PC window?": Yes! I can see it in "Devices and Drives" and access to the camera as well. Do you know about any other soft like MM?

Thanks again,

Regards,

Gaston

You need to COPY the files off of the camera to your PC in order to edit them.  You cannot edit the files while they are still in the camera.  The PC can only read from the camera memory card.  It is not able to write to it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements