cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Not Loading

fastedi7
Apprentice

Capture.JPG

What causes a warning when I try to open "Digital Photo Professional" (ver 3.12, of "This Program requires 1024x768 or more and High Color or higher setting" ??

19 REPLIES 19

I am on a PC running Windows 7 Professional.  My previous monitor was a 27" Dell.  It was 7 years old.  Wasn't performing with HD photos. 

OK great. There are no issues I know of with Windows machines and DPP. This means that it should be working. Without being on your actual machine, the only thing I can tell you now is, something is set wrong. A reboot, a reinstall, the current version and correct settings are all that really come to mind.Smiley Sad

My take on DPP is, it isn't very user friendly and there are several better choices. My personal favorite is Lightroom 5.Smiley Happy

Another good one is Photos Elements 12. Both of these are commercial software and are not free unlike EDP.

Lightproof is around $150 and SSE is about $100. Either can be found on sale from time to time for less. Either does way more for you than EDP does.

Wait a minute, I just re-read your post.  "Wasn't performing with HD photos." Smiley Surprised

Are you saying DPP never worked even with the old monitor? What do you mean "HD photo"?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I found the older monitor did not represent the photos the same as the new monitors.  Some of my HDR (High Dynamic Range) photos did not show the same on new HD monitors.  

I use DPP infrequently when I want to transfer from RAW to jpg quickly.  I usually work in RAW in Lightroom CC.

Just frustrating the DPP software doesn't work at all now.  

Yes it is, Ms. Beber, yes it is.

You know as monitors age they don't show images as they once did? I use two 27" monitors and I try to calibrate them to my Canon printers. I generally try to replace monitors every three years or at least start looking very closely at their performance.

If you haven't maxed out any of the adjustment controls, they are probably still good.

DPP should work. Period.

Did I ask what it does exactly or what error message you get? What brand monitor did you get? I guess you have the refresh rate set right? 60hz and you are sure you have 1920x1080, 32 bit highest color set? Newest version of DPP, reinstalled and rebooted?

EB

It says: This program requires a display capable of 1024 x 768 resolution or more (Screen area) or Higher Color or higer settings.

I just added a new LG IPS Monitor 23" with resolution 1920 x 1080 and now my Canon Digital Pro software won't load.  It is set at 32 bit and highest resolution.

We had the very same problem and never did find a solution - my husband just gave up and stopped using DPP, after trying everything that was recommended here. Now he uses Lightroom, instead. So frustrating, though!

OK, Ms Beber we need to get serious. This is really beginning to bug me. Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?

But, first let's check if it is a compatibility issue. Right click on DPP icon to bring up Properties.

Next click the Compatibility tab. Now under "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" put a check there.

OK, now try DPP and see if that works. If it does leave it that way. Smiley Frustrated

EB

Okay!  Downloaded new driver for my AMD Radeon HD 6450 display adapter.  Right clicked and changed setting as suggested.  Works now!  Thanks ever so much!  You are tops! Smiley Happy

Great!Robot Happy

EB

Just for the sake of having the latest version, yes, I doubt it will help. But you probably should. At any rate I would uninstall it and re-install it. Something has told it something is different than it was.

Your sure you didn't install anything or change anything else? No special drivers for the monitor? No games? Nothing?

Uninstall it and re-install DPP.

EB
Announcements