cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 7D Mark II Shutter count check.

Vimmer
Apprentice

Hi,

What software program are you using for shutter counts check for a Canon 7d Mark II?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Vimmer wrote:

Hi,

What software program are you using for shutter counts check for a Canon 7d Mark II?

I do not use any of them.  Some of them rewrite your firmware, which is NOT GOOD.  Send the camera to Canon Service for a cleaning and check out.  Ask them to give a shutter count.  Having it on a written report from Canon is best.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Peter
Authority
Authority

If I own a 5D II with a shutter count of 1000 and a 5D III with a shutter count of 8000, then I put my card from 5D III in 5D II and take a picture, the file number will be 8001. Then I sell 5D II to you. You format a card and take a picture that will be nr 8002 but the shutter count is just 1002.

The shutter count bug I am talking about is something difference and as I wrote, will not happen before 2048. When you reach 2048 you can try it. Take 10 pictures, remove the battery and check the shutter count after that. 5D II stores the shutter count in RAM before saving it to eeprom. After 256 pictures it will save from RAM to eeprom. It means that if you have a count of 2048 and take 255 pictures and remove the battery you will still have a shutter count of 2048.

Nailed it!  Thanks!  That's what I was missing.  The clouds parted and the sun shown through 🙂

Announcements