cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary image processing software suggestions

sweet_willliam
Apprentice

Do folks recommend other photo tools. I used to use Adobe photo shop in the 1990s when making web pages that would fit through the old 28.8 and 56 kb modems (think reduction reduction reduction).

I now want to become a real photographer and am looking for what tools to use now. Photoshop is prohibitively expensive now that I am not using professionally (business paying for it). Do folks like Corel  PaintShop Pro? Other recommendations?

I will still enjoy playing with some of my images t produce art projects.

11 REPLIES 11

dbhuff49
Contributor
William, I too did website design and logo design years ago but am now retired. I still have a valid corel license for paintshop pro and have used it since before corel bought it. However, now retired and am a hobist photographer I find for photo editing only, no logo design, Luminar by Skylum Software is very good and much cheaper than some other photo editing software. As Waddizzle said GIMP is good and it's free.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Luminar, Affinity Pro, DxO PhotoLab, and GiMP are all popular.  The first 3 have trials for testing. 

Suggest you pick the one that supports 3rd party lens correction for the gear you own.  I use PhotoLab Elite.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements