cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample C code for Canon EDSDK Liveview?

kiki39
Apprentice

Is there anyone with a working piece of sample C code that implements LiveView using the Canon EDSDK? The sample code in the documentation looks great until you get to this bit:

// 
// Display image 
// 

Yup, that's it. They don't show how to BLT an image to a window using the data retrieved from the camera. They just say, "Display image." Thanks, Canon.

I have hunted the Internet (including this forum), but I have yet to find a C code sample that shows how to do this. I'm looking to avoid MFC, VB, managed code, or C#. Surely it's possible to do this in vanilla C, right? Vanilla C++ is fine as well.

2 REPLIES 2

kiki39
Apprentice

@kiki39 wrote:

Is there anyone with a working piece of sample C code that implements LiveView using the Canon EDSDK? The sample code in the documentation looks great until you get to this bit:

// 
// Display image 
// 

Yup, that's it. They don't show how to BLT an image to a window using the data retrieved from the camera. about all They just say, "Display image." Thanks, Canon.

I have hunted the Internet (including this forum), but I have yet to find a C code sample that shows how to do this. I'm looking to avoid MFC, VB, managed code, or C#. Surely it's possible to do this in vanilla C, right? Vanilla C++ is fine as well.

Thanks

It is commented out probably because isplaying images is platform and hardware dependent.  No one can answer your question without knowing what OS you are targeting.  Besides, every major OS today runs apps as managed code.  The only advantage to using C/C++ is you may wind up with more compact code.

[EDIT]. BTW, this is not a developer's forum.  The "Software" label refers to user applications.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements