cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOFTWARE INSTALL

DAC596
Apprentice

I'm installing the software that came with my camera and it won't install because it says that my screen resolution is too low and I'm running it way above what it says it needs. it's as though it doesn't recognise my actual resolution.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Your screen resolution might be too high, and the only error message in the software reports resolution issues as being "too low".  Software designers write their code for specific screen resolutions, usually a minimum.  Different graphics cards and device drivers can be more compatible than other brands.

For examle, the top CAD software has a utility application that analyzes your hardware to see if it is compatible with the CAD software.  The software vendor has an extensive list of compatible graphics adapters.  But, there is an even larger list of graphics hardware that has not been fully tested and approved for compatiblity.

What type of PC are you using? What software are you trying to load?  What graphics resolution are you using?  Help someone to help you, by providing enough information for someone to reproduce your scenario and see what it is that you are seeing.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Do you have the latest update?  If not d/l it from Canon.  Plus make sure your video driver is the latest.  Set yout res to what the software wants.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements