cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote shooting always shoots twice in Eos Utility?

apids
Apprentice

Hello,

After I upgraded my computer and reinstalled Eos Utility to use with my Canon EOS 7D (mark I), Eos Utility now *always* shoots twice when I take photos from the computer (remote shooting).  Any idea why this is so? I have disabled raw and both photos are stored on the PC in their Jpeg format. I do hundred of shoots from a photostand, and it is annoying both to wait for double shoots, but also to remove every second image from the computer afterwards. Hopefully someone has experience the same and can provide a solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, it doesn't seem to be AEB, automatic exposure bracketing, which is only available in Creative modes.  AEB is only available in Creative modes, but AEB takes 3 shots, not two.  But, make sure it isn't enabled, anyhow.

You seem to have the latest software in your computer.  Make sure that you have the latest firmware in the camera.  If all else fails, consult your manual and reset the camera back to factory defaults.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

Do both files have the same number or is the second shot a new file number?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Hello, they hace continous numbers, thus, e.g. IMG900 and IMG 901. They are both stored on the computer and on the Camera. I also tried on full automatic, and it will only shoot once. It is when I do on any of the manual or semi-automatic settings, I have the double shootings. 

Well, it doesn't seem to be AEB, automatic exposure bracketing, which is only available in Creative modes.  AEB is only available in Creative modes, but AEB takes 3 shots, not two.  But, make sure it isn't enabled, anyhow.

You seem to have the latest software in your computer.  Make sure that you have the latest firmware in the camera.  If all else fails, consult your manual and reset the camera back to factory defaults.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for the suggestion. It must has been a glitch with the updated software and the camera. Now that I followed your suggestion and updated the firmware for the camera, it now works as it should again. Thank you for suggesting it (the manual did not suggest anything related to this).

Good advice for everyone who is having problems. Update relevant firmware and software, or at the very least, check for updated versions and determine if the update addresses your problem. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements