cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raw editor for T7/1500 images

davetelling
Contributor

I have a new Rebel T7, and I'm having a hard time finding a shareware/freeware raw file editor. I have tried Raw Therapee and UFRaw, but both just show my raw files as mainly bright pink backgrounds. I read that for UFRaw, the program doesn't recognize my camera - and looking at the camers list, the T7 is not listed. So, any ideas as to what might work? I see many recommend shooting in raw format because it has the most picture information, but it's a problem if the editor can't work with it. I had hoped ot use UFRaw to convert to tiff so GIMP could import it, but that's not working. I'm open to suggestions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray-uk
Whiz

Canon's very own DPP (Digital Photo Professional) it is made for the job and furthermore it is free, just download it from your Canon site. It may have been included on a CD with your camera but just lately Canon seems to have stopped doing that.

Arguably the best raw converter/editor for Canon camera files.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

You could and possibly do have a failing sensor.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Leslie_russo wrote:

I downloaded EVERYTHING I was supposed to and I still have the pink pictures! Very frustrating!

Do you have a raw sample for us?

@Leslie_russo wrote:

I downloaded EVERYTHING I was supposed to and I still have the pink pictures! Very frustrating!

Welcome to the forum Leslie.

Have you downloaded Canon Digital Photo Pro (DPP) software - free from the Canon site.

This is your first post, so we really need to know more about what you are seeing, what your hardware is, etc.

Does it happen with more than one card? 

Are you getting pink pictures like in some of the previous posts in this thread< or are you getting pink pictures like this:

Annotation 2020-04-20 113359.jpg

Do the previews on your camera LCD look correct?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Well, this is a Canon forum, so most questions would be about Canon.

DPP is clearly discussed in the camera user manual - now I know why most people don’t know about it 😀
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I download the pdf and install on my phone and tablet.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements