cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE EOS Utility

adriansuri
Contributor

Hi

I am now on my third canon DSLR after  my  last two were stolen including my nifty fifty,

Canon EF 70-300 mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens etc.   Anyway I now have another  Canon 77D and purchased a second  had (not used) EFS 18 - 135mm Nano USM lens, which I love, however, I havent got a card reader and when get connect my camera (wifi/bluetooth turned off) EOS Utility starts in wifi mode

canon.npg.png 

Windows recognises my  camera, My question is how to get out of wifi mode? 

Thanks in advanve

Adrian Suri

14 REPLIES 14

I do have a shortcut for EOSU3 in my dock, but EOSU3 starts automatically if I connect my camera to the computer and power on the camera.

To the OP - you said your camera is detected by Windows, correct?

You can just open the DCIM folder and download the images from there.My cards are empty so there are none, but they would be in the 100EOSXX folder.

2019-02-16 (1).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi

thanks, and that's correct, and I am able to use cannon's EOS Lense registration tool which doesn't work unless the camera is  connected

lensReg.png

I'm going to my sons house see if his computer works with it

@adriansuri wrote:

I'm going to my sons house see if his computer works with it

Take a look at this recent thread.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/EOS-utility-3-does-not-find-my-5D-IV/m-p/265510#M6890

All you need to do is manually start the application for the first time.  That’s it.  That’s all you need to do.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I feel a little embarased now, you were correct the icon I was using was "C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\EOS Utility\EOS Utility.exe" which didn't work but as you suggested EOS Utility 3 does

Thanks for all the help

Kind Regards 

Adrian Parkash Suri

Announcements