cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAW Linear to Picture Style Standart

lk
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm creating RAW TIFF Linear file from CR2. If I apply sRGB curve to it in photoshop and save it as JPEG. My result does not match JPEG created from DPP with Standart Style.

Question: Does Picture Style applies special curve to achive final result? Can I find it (curve) so I can manually apply it in photoshop to RAW image?

Thank you

L

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you open a RAW file in Adobe Camera RAW you can apply Adboe's version of Camera Standard.

If you want Canon version why don't you open RAW file in DPP, apply the Picture Style and export a TIFF file to Photoshop.

DPP has a Transfer to Photoshop menu selection.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The answer is we don't know. Canon does not really explain how all these styles and things work.

isn't there an "As Shot" setting in Ps and Lr?  Set the camera to Picture Style Standard when taking photos.  It should come up in Adobe "As Shot", I would think.  If not, go with jhoffman's suggestion: convert to a JPEG or TIFF in DPP, and send to Adobe. 

BTW, in my T5 and 6D, and I suspect most every other Canon DSLR being sold today, there is no difference between "Auto" and "Standard" picture styles.  All of the numbers that define the settings are the same.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements