cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Camera and Exposure Spefications when Using Digital Photo Professional

mjschocken
Enthusiast

I recently purchased a Canon EOS 80D camera.  I've also started shooting in the RAW mode.  I also post my images on flickr.  I am processing the RAW images with Canon's Digital Photo Professional 4.  However, when I then save the image (as a JPEG) and post to flickr, there is no camera specifications (name of camera, settings such as shutter speed, f stop, ISO) that come along with the image.  Previously, I used a Microsoft program to edit JPEG images and I got all the camera settings.  However, using DPP, I don't get those settings with the published image.  I originally posted on the flickr help site and the replies had to do with DPP stripping the user settings.  Is that right?  If so, how do I maintain the camera settings that would go along with the image when saved and uploaded to flickr?

Thanks.

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay, so I figured out that the HDR tool is for more than one raw image and can be used with automatic exposure compensation.  So, by definition, there isn't a single set of user settings because exposures change within each set.  I think, therefore, I'm all set.  Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

mjschocken
Enthusiast
I was using the HDR tool and I lost user settings when porting to Flickr. When I edited with the tool palette and posted, the settings were retained. I am unfamiliar with the HDR tool and maybe will use the tool palette while editing in the future.
Announcements