cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program files for EOS Rebel T2I (EOS Utility)

9SirensCreative
Apprentice

I had a program on my computer that allowed me to remote shoot with my Canon EOS Rebel T2I while it was connected to my computer. I've had this program for a few years and it has been extremely useful. Two weeks ago my computer crashed and I have tried downloading the EOS Webcam Utility but I haven't been able to get it to launch with my older model. I believe that I had the EOS Utility file but I've not been able to find or download it from the Canon website and the website doesn't have an available Solution Disk Software for my camera model for me to download either.

Any suggestions of where I can find the disk software to download or the EOS Utility program, or any similar alternative so that I can remote shoot and control my camera from my computer would be amazing. I used this program to take reference photos for art and to shoot my own family portraits. Being able to see the images on the computer and take 50+ burst photos at a time was a great tool that I hope to not lose.

Thanks!

Additional helpful info: I have Windows 10 installed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi 9SirensCreative,

Thanks for checking in with us!

We have a couple of programs that are similar in name, so that may be part of the confusion. EOS Webcam Utility allows for live-streaming with certain cameras via a USB connection, but your camera is not a supported model.

To see the cameras that are compatible you can visit the link below and scroll down to the SELECT YOUR COMPATIBLE EOS OR POWERSHOT MODEL section:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility/

Your camera is compatible with EOS Utility, and that's available in the software section of our canoneos.com site.

It takes a few steps to get it, so to make things easy for you, I've included the direct link to download the EOS Digital Solution Disk for Windows, which also includes EOS Utility.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi 9SirensCreative,

Thanks for checking in with us!

We have a couple of programs that are similar in name, so that may be part of the confusion. EOS Webcam Utility allows for live-streaming with certain cameras via a USB connection, but your camera is not a supported model.

To see the cameras that are compatible you can visit the link below and scroll down to the SELECT YOUR COMPATIBLE EOS OR POWERSHOT MODEL section:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility/

Your camera is compatible with EOS Utility, and that's available in the software section of our canoneos.com site.

It takes a few steps to get it, so to make things easy for you, I've included the direct link to download the EOS Digital Solution Disk for Windows, which also includes EOS Utility.

9SirensCreative
Apprentice
Thank you so much! I appreciate your help.
Announcements