cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Camera Connect App

garybeck
Apprentice

My son has a nice Canon Camera and one of the reaons he picked this one is that he can control it from his phone.

He has the latest version of the Camer Connect on his phone and everything seems to be working but it is slow to respond, freezes often and sometimes just crashes.   He has an iPhone 6 and it works fine otherwise.

Any advice?

29 REPLIES 29

Tiffany

Hi Garybeck!

Welcome to the Canon Forum!  So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what  model camera your son is using.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! 

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

hello, thanks for the reply

it is a SX530 camera and the Canon Camera Connect iOS app on his iPhone

thank you

Hi Garybeck,

You're welcome.

When you encounter difficulty after making changes to your phone, such such as a change of the phone itself, an update of its operating system or the Camera Connect App, we recommend that you clear your the Wi-Fi settings on your camera, then reenter them.

To reset your camera's wireless function to its default settings, press the MENU Button, then navigate to the "Settings" tab (This has the wrench and hammer icon.), then scroll down to "Wi-Fi Settings" and press the FUNC SET button. On the next screen, choose "Reset Settings", then press the FUNC SET button. On the next screen, choose "OK" and press the FUNC SET button once again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have 5d mark IV and I try to use Canon easy connect app. I can find the ssd and I can choose it but when I go into the app the ssd disappears after 5 sec. What to do?

Hello psholm, 

It is our recommendation to clear out the program from your mobile and un-install the application.  Then, hard reset the phone and reinstall the app from the app store.  Reconnect the camera upon re-installation and see if this issue persists. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem. I have a Canon 5D Mark IV. I was using Iphone6s before and switch to Iphone X. I have reinstalled it, cleared my Camera communication settings but to no avail the problem is still there.

I have the same problem, I have EOS M50 and was using Iphone7 beofre and switch to Iphone X. I have done everything possible, reinstall the app, cleared my camera communication settings, but still no connection between my Iphone X and Camera connect App.. Please help! 

Hi ironulo,

Welcome to the Canon Forum! When switching to a new phone we recommend installing the latest version of Canon Camera Connect on your phone, resetting the Wi-fi settings of your camera, and going through the setup process fresh. Since this did not help in your situation I recommend contacting our Technical Support team for assistance with troubleshooting.

Please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email. They will be able to work with you to establish a connection between your phone and camera.

This app has been a pet peeve of mine for about 3 years. First, the connection guide Canon provides with it has no relationship to what I see on my 80d menu. Yes, I have been using the app for about 3 years, on both my phone and iPad, but that certainly did not happen by following any directions I ever got from tech support or on these forums. I did it IN SPITE of any Canon advice or "support" regarding the app. And every once in a while, out of nowhere, the thing just stops working and I have to set it up all over again. Many of your customers have no idea how to deal with the fiascos related to this software abmomination. It's such a shame that the best camera mfg in the world (well, 3rd best anyway - my Lieca is pretty good too, and then there are my old Hassleblads - but I digress.)

To be kind, the app would have to get about 100x better to be classified as junk. Just Google "Canon Camera Connect problems" for proof. And please, no boiler plate apologies. It's just a shame that Canon allows such issues to persist for such a long time with a "product" they put out.

SCRAP CAMERA CONNECT, START ALL OVER AGAIN, AND DO IT RIGHT! MY NIKON FRIENDS LOVE THEIR APP.

Announcements